Cusco is full of history and adventure, wherever you go there is always something to see, driving we will pass through traditional villages, lagoons, etc. This program is designed for people who want to do an extra activity out of the conventional.
The South Valley in Cusco is a less explored area, here you will get to know pre-Inca, Inca, and colonial complexes, a tour of half day, will make you go to the past of the Incas towards the beginning of the Incan era
We pick you up from your Hotel between 9:00 am to start visiting these incredible places in the south of Cusco.
TIPON: Tipon is said to be a royal garden commissioned by Wiracocha. It is one of the most elaborate examples of agricultural terracing created by the Incas. These tall terraces which run up the narrow valley are irrigated by an aqueduct from Pachatusan, the mountain above the site. In addition to the terracing, there are also some other structures at Tipon, including baths, a temple complex, canals, and aqueducts. Tipon, is definitely one of the lesser visited sites in the Cusco area but it is equally as impressive as those in the Sacred Valley. The Tipon Archeological Complex is located 24 km southeast of Cusco.
PIKILLAQTA: Pikillaqta is the only pre-Inca site in the Cusco area. This adobe complex was built around 700 to 900 years AD by the Huari Culture, in the area, there is a small Inca site just a short walk from Pikillaqta, known as Rumicolca, a travel checkpoint for the Incas.
ANDAHUAYLILLAS: Here you find the «Sistine Chapel of Peru», a church that is home to golden altars, paintings, and many colored ceilings. The chapel is simple and unassuming on the outside, but on the inside, you’ll find masterpiece after masterpiece. Also, some paintings from the famous “Escuela Cuzqueña” is available for viewing.
On the return pass Saylla typical Cuzco where people can enjoy the delicious pork chicharrones, or roasted Ginea pig (optional).
We returned to Cusco for approximately 14:00 pm.
- Professional guide: All of our guides studied English and Tourism at the local University. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. They are all a lot of fun to be around, but know when they need to be professional and will always look after you to make sure you are safe and happy - enjoying the tour.
- Transportation: You will be picked up from your hotel and transferred from site to site by a private Viajes LA vehicle.
- Entrance fees: You must have the TOURIST TICKET to enter Tipon. The tourist ticket is currently 70 soles for a one day ticket or 130 soles for a 10 day ticket. This one ticket will give you access to many other locations in the Sacred Valley as well as some museums and places of interest in Cusco. Please note, entrance to Andahuaylillas chuch and Maras is not included in ths TOURIST TICKET and will require a separate ticket of 10 soles each.
- Entrance fee to Andahuaylillas church ( 10 soles additional cost, not included in the TOURIST TICKET)
- Entrance fee to Maras (10 soles additional cost, not included in the TOURIST TICKET)
- Meals: There are no meals served during this tour. You should be back in Cusco to enjoy lunch on your own.
What to bring
- Warm jacket- the valley is warm during the day, windy in the afternoon, and quite cold at night.
- Gloves if its possible
- Rain coat or plastic poncho, as weather in Cusco can change rapidly
Private Service Only
2 – 6 persons $180.00
7 – 13 person $250.00
According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time you do tour, or visit Machu Picchu, students 18 and above, need the ISIC card to qualify for the discount. Students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Email us a copy at email@example.com
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$15.00
- Under 18 years apply for a discout: US$15.00
- From 7 – 12 years Discount: US$20.00
*More details will be available if you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, such as free tours in Cusco city, free items for camping activities, and personal discounts. contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RENTALS & EXTRAS
The following list of prices fixed in the items, are adjusted to the Trekking activities. However, we consider discounting the price for each item, for more than 10 participants in the group.
*This items are for those who are doing the Inca trail tours or Alteernative trail tours, not aplycable for South Valley tour
- Hiking poles – US$ 25.00
- Sleeping bag – US$ 25.00
- Extra Tent – US$40.00
- Waynapicchu ticket – US$25.00
Viajes LA includes 3 stars hotel room in Aguas Calientes town and Expedition train service back to Ollantaytambo, however, you can upgrade your the services for an additional cost shown below.
*You should consider these Upgrades if you are taking tours to Machupicchu.
- Vistadome Train (back to Ollantaytambo) + US$65.00
- Single Accommodation at Machupicchu town + US$40.00
- 4 stars hotel at Machupicchu town + US$ 75.00
- Four season (Eureka k-2 tx) tents, for two people in each.
- Black Diamond Trekking Poles.
- Sleeping bags according to route requirement.
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you don’t want to share the twin bedroom, select Single Accommodation when Booking.
- If you are nature lover and landscapes, vista dome train service is the choice, wider windows, and glass ceilings to see the mountains.