The Sacred Valley, located 1.5 hours northeast from Cusco city, it was and still is one of the main productive valleys in the whole Cusco region, the valley where Incas settled numerous archeological sites made up of temples, residential sectors, neighborhoods, and most importantly large terraces which are extended for several kilometers at the steep slope mountain along the Valley, nowadays know as Urubamba Valley.
At the time of the Incas, the sacred valley was occupied by important families, who were encharged of the care of the production…
At 7.00am, we pick you up from your hotel and take you to the start of the tour. We drive from Cusco, passing through Saqsaywaman over the mountains toward the Sacred Valley. We drive down 1,500 ft to the look out point, where we will see the Sacred Valley in all its magnitude, further down Pisac village. From the town, we drive up to the ruins, where we will have guided tour while enjoying stunning views over the valley. after the tour, we will have 40 minutes for further exploration at the ruins.
after visiting Pisaq ruins, we continue driving down toward Urubamba town, where we make a stop (45 minutes) for lunch. After lunch, we drive for 30 minutes to Ollantaytambo, which is a traditional town surrounded by mountains. There, we will have an hour exploring the
archeological site, we get further exposure to Incan constructions, mainly the amazing temple of the sun, enormous blocks of rock perfectly carved and polished, stone, water fountains, terraces, etc.
On our way back to Cusco from Ollantaytambo, we make a quick (40 minutes) visit to Chincheros. Where we will visit a local house, we will learn people using natural herbs, leaves, seeds, roots, insects to dye the Alpaca wool, a whole process to make fabrics and blankets kept until this days. After the show in Chincheros, we will finally, return to Cusco.
This tour includes:
- Bus for 15 to 25 people (depending on group size)
- Professional tour guide
- If its a private service 2 people is required for the tour
Does not include
- Lunch in Urubamba (45-60 soles)
- Entrance to the Sacred Valley sites: You can purchase one of the following: Integral Cusco Tourist Ticket (130 soles around $45 USD and 50% discount for students with a valid ISIC card).or get a partial ticket (70 Soles around $ 22 USD) which allows one day visit for just the three sites. Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinhcero. This ticket is recommended if you are not planning to visit any of Cusco's other sites.
- Note: The integral ticket is valid for 10 days and it can also be used on our city tours and other archeological sites in the south valley.
As this tour service start in the evenning , by the time we will be finishing the tour will be late at about 6:30 to 7:00pm, so then we recomend you to bring!!
- Water: down in the valley its warm in the day time, windy in the afternoon and cold in the night time
- Warm jacket
- Gloves if its possible
- rain coat or rain poncho just in case the weather change, always recomendable
- and of curse your entrance fees with your passport
Due to its regulation and In order to protect the Historical sanctuary of Machu Picchu. Each day is allowed to 500 people on the Classic Inca Trail, those including porters, guides, and other support staff.
It is expected trekkers to carry their own personal gear, however, they should make an honest assessment of their physical condition. If a personal porter is desired, it is important to request one at the time of booking, as they are included in the 500 people per day limit.
To secure a permit and entrance ticket to classic Inca trail, Wayna Picchu Mt, and Machu Picchu, consider Peruvian government regulations require full name and current passport information of all trekkers, permits are non-transferable, it can’t be sold to others and can be sold out quickly months in advance. It is, therefore, important to arrange the reservation dates at the earliest opportunity.
Wayna Picchu Mountain is an excellent addition for a trip to Machu Picchu. It offers great views but is a steep climb that can take about two and a half hours back and forth.
The admission tickets to Wayna Picchu Mountain are limited and only at scheduled times. If you are considering doing the climb, make sure to book it in advance. The classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu can be a challenging hike, there are lots of stone steps and steep uphills that could make you feel tired at the end.
If you wish to trek to Machu Picchu, but you don’t have the time, either enough energy to do the whole 4-days trek, you must consider our alternate options or the short version “Inca trail 2d / 1n». These can be booked any time in the year, with no advance reservation.
Private service $250.oo
from 2 – 6 people: $250.00 total per group
from 7 -13 people: $350.00 total per group
According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time you do tour, or visit Machu Picchu, students 18 and above, need the ISIC card to qualify for the discount. Students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Email us a copy at email@example.com
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$15.00
- Under 18 years apply for a discout: US$15.00
- From 7 – 12 years Discount: US$20.00
*More details will be available if you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, such as free tours in Cusco city, free items for camping activities, and personal discounts. contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RENTALS & EXTRAS
The following list of prices fixed in the items, are adjusted to the Trekking activities. However, we consider discounting the price for each item, for more than 10 participants in the group.
*This items are for those who are doing the Inca trail tours or Alteernative trail tours, not aplycable for Sacred Valley tour
- Hiking poles – US$ 25.00
- Sleeping bag – US$ 25.00
- Extra Tent – US$40.00
- Waynapicchu ticket – US$25.00
Viajes LA includes 3 stars hotel room in Aguas Calientes town and Expedition train service back to Ollantaytambo, however, you can upgrade your the services for an additional cost shown below.
*You should consider these Upgrades if you are taking tours to Machupicchu.
- Vistadome Train (back to Ollantaytambo) + US$65.00
- Single Accommodation at Machupicchu town + US$40.00
- 4 stars hotel at Machupicchu town + US$ 75.00
- Four season (Eureka k-2 tx) tents, for two people in each.
- Black Diamond Trekking Poles.
- Sleeping bags according to route requirement.
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you don’t want to share the twin bedroom, select Single Accommodation when Booking.
- If you are nature lover and landscapes, vista dome train service is the choice, wider windows, and glass ceilings to see the mountains.