The sacred valley 2 days, is a combination between a full day tour visiting the archaeological sites in the valley, with the other attractions near by, such as the salt mines, maras town, and the circular terraces of Maras.
Don’t go back home missing the other side of the sacred valley, where you will find the marvels of nature and know how Incan people take advantaged creating new ways of resources.
Explore everything the Sacred Valley offers to you.
We will pick you up from the hotel at 7:30 am to drive toward Awanacancha, a small local farm, where we will see the display of local animals such as Llama, Alpacas, Vicunas, etc. this is also a weaving center, where people sell handicrafts elaborated by local artisans.
This is a great place to purchase high-quality alpaca clothing, and gifts if you are interested.
From Awanacancha, we will drive 45 minutes to Pisac Inca Ruins, located up over the mountains in the Sacred Valley, Pisaq Inca site is made up of large terraces, neighborhoods, temples, and altars. After a guided tour we will head back driving down to Pisaq town where we will have a chance to explore the local market in the plaza and buy some souvenirs if you desire, afterward, we will drive by the road to Urubamba town where we will make a stop to taste the Peruvian gastronomy in one of the most popular restaurants.
After lunch, we continue to Ollantaytambo, where we will explore the most important archeological site in the Valley, famous for its architecture, Sun temple, stone altars, and aqueducts.
After the tour, your guide will take you to the hotel where you will spend the night.
After breakfast in the Hotel, we will drive to Maras Salt Mines.
Salineras was an important supply for pre-Inca settlements for centuries, the salty water comes out from underground and is taken through small canals to clay made ponds. Nowadays, there are more than 3000 salt evaporation ponds owned by local families who extract the salt as their ancestors did, this activity has become the main economic resource for the community.
After the salt mines, we will drive to Moray, the circular terraces, the Incas used those terraces as a way to study the crops and get better seeds products to introduce to new farming areas in the Andes. After we experience the temperature descending down to the bottom, we will continue to Chinchero, a traditional town where we will explore part of the Inca site and the colonial temple, Chinchero is well known because of its artisans, families who make interesting demonstrations in the use of natural herbs, plants, roots, and even insects to obtain various color to dye alpaca wool and their clothing.
From Chinchero we will drive back to Cusco city, where we will drop you off at your hotel.
This tour includes:
- Private transportation by Viajes LA
- Profetional English speaking tour Guide
- One hotel room at PAKARITAMBO hotel in Ollantaytambo (additional room is $70 per room)
- Extra ticket to visit the Maras salt mines. ( cost 10 soles)
- Extra bottle of water ( 600 ml)
Does not include
- Entrance fees to visit the sites at the sacred valley (BTG ticket)
What to bring
- Passport as you will stay at Pakaritampo hotel, they may need also your immigration card.
- Entrance fees sacred valley (general turist ticket BTG)
- Warm clothes such as jacket, sweter, scarf, cap, gloves. in the evening it drops down the temperature, windy and cold in the valley.
- Sun cream, sun glasses, hat, long sleeves t shirt. It is very hot and warm during the day time.
- Your camera.
- Just in case some extra water
Private service US$ 430.00
From 2 – 6 people US$ 430.00
From 7 – 8 people US$ 610.00
According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time you do tour, or visit Machu Picchu, students 18 and above, need the ISIC card to qualify for the discount. Students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Email us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$15.00
- Under 18 years apply for a discout: US$15.00
- From 7 – 12 years Discount: US$20.00
*More details will be available if you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, such as free tours in Cusco city, free items for camping activities, and personal discounts. contact us at email@example.com
RENTALS & EXTRAS
The following list of prices fixed in the items, are adjusted to the Trekking activities. However, we consider discounting the price for each item, for more than 10 participants in the group.
*This items are for those who are doing the Inca trail tours or Alteernative trail tours, not aplycable for Sacred Valley tour
- Hiking poles – US$ 25.00
- Sleeping bag – US$ 25.00
- Extra Tent – US$40.00
- Waynapicchu ticket – US$25.00
Viajes LA includes 3 stars hotel room in Aguas Calientes town and Expedition train service back to Ollantaytambo, however, you can upgrade your the services for an additional cost shown below.
*You should consider these Upgrades if you are taking tours to Machupicchu.
- Vistadome Train (back to Ollantaytambo) + US$65.00
- Single Accommodation at Machupicchu town + US$40.00
- 4 stars hotel at Machupicchu town + US$ 75.00
- Four season (Eureka k-2 tx) tents, for two people in each.
- Black Diamond Trekking Poles.
- Sleeping bags according to route requirement.
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you don’t want to share the twin bedroom, select Single Accommodation when Booking.
- If you are nature lover and landscapes, vista dome train service is the choice, wider windows, and glass ceilings to see the mountains.