Sacred Valley and Machupicchu are the most popular places to visit, the Urubamba valley was and is still very important for andean people, the inkas built large cities upon the mountains overlooking the valley at strategic points, important cities such as Pisaq, Huchuy Qosqo, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Moray terraces, and many more further down the valley to the jungle, Machupicchu was built as a military, religious, and astronomical place at its time the most sacred city in the whole Inkan empire. both places are waiting for you!
At 7.30am, we pick you up from your hotel and take you to the start of the tour. We travel from Cusco, past Saqsaywaman over the mountains towards the Sacred Valley. We descend 1500 feet to the valley floor, where we find ourselves by the sacred Urubamba River and the village of Pisac. Then, we drive up to the ruins of Pisac. Here, we explore the extensive ruins whilst enjoying stunning views over the valley. You will be given a guided tour of the Citadel of Pisac, in which we will see temples, homes, altars, carvings, tunnels, caves and the famous Intihuatana, «The hitching post of the sun». We have about 90 minutes to explore the ruins.
Turning back down the mountain we continue driving towards Urubamba town, where we make a stop (45 minutes) for lunch (not include). After lunch 30 minute drive takes us to Ollantaytambo, which is a traditional town surrounded by the sacred mountains. Here, we will spend about an hour exploring the Ollantaytambo ruins, we get further exposure to Incan constructions, mainly the amazing temple of the sun, enormous blocks of rock perfectly carved and polished, stone water fountains, stairs and terraces. We also get to see the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress surrounded by the sacred mountains and Valley of Patacancha and Willoq.
On our way back to Cusco from Ollantaytambo, we make a quick (40 minutes) visit to the famous church and archaeological site in Chincheros. Where we will see organized local families using natural herbs, leaves, seeds, roods, even some insects to die alpaca wool, a whole process which people from Chincheros kept until this days. Finally we will be returning to Cusco at about 6:30-7pm.
We will pick you up from your hotel around 8 AM and head to the circular farming terraces, Moray. The drive takes about 1 hour and a half and is absolutely beautiful. You will drive through the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, through lush yellow fields of wheat, past some villages. Finally you will arrive to the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray shows three complexe terraces made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
When you are done exploring Moray you will head to the salt mines of Maras, which is about 2 miles away. This village is known as a former salt-producing center that is thought to date back all the way to pre-Inca times. There are over 3000 salt pools all carved into the mountain side, being filled daily by a little stream of water. If you want to see something really different from ruins, this is your tour! The area is amazing and spectacularly beautiful.
Early in the morning after breakfast, your guide will take you to catch the bus, it takes about 25min up to Machu Picchu citadel, ensure you are carrying your valid passport you?ve booked with for the tour. Once in the citadel your guide will give you the backgraund information about Machupicchu and then he will take you to explore visiting the most important sectors, the guiding tour will last about two hours, afterwards you will get plenty of free time for further exploring, taking photos and the option to climb Wayna Picchu Mt, if you have the admission ticket, another option is the Inka bridge for those who don?t have tickets for Wayna Picchu Mt. After all you need to take the bus down to Aguas Calientes town to get your lunch and the train ride back to Ollantaytambo station from where we will drive you back to Cusco dropping you off at your hotel.
Early in the morning after breakfast, you will take the bus up to visit Machu Picchu citadel. Make sure you are carrying your passport the one you have booked with, once in the citadel, your guide will give you a background information about the Inca city, then he will show you the most important sectors in the citadel, after 2 hours guided tour you will have plenty of time for further exploring.
Note: If you purchased the admission tickets to climb Wayna Picchu Mt or Machu Picchu Mt, your guide will give you some instructions about where and what time you should be there, it could take 1.5 to 2 hours back and forth.
The guide will meet you at Aguas Calientes town for lunch. Afterward, we take our return train to Ollantaytambo, where our private transportation will be waiting for us, we drive 2 hours back to Cusco
Meals: Snacks, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are not included today.
Estimated walking time: 2 guided tour in Machu Picchu.
Walking distance: Exploring in Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu Elevation: 7.874ft. /2.400m.
Accommodation: Back to your hotel in Cusco.
Items Included in this tour
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to and from Ollantaytambo
- Return transportation by Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- 1 Breakfast
- 3 star hotel
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the site
- Return bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
Items not Included in this tour
- Meals excluding breakfast in your hotel on day 2
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What to bring
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and extra memory card
Tour with Hotel 3* $ 610.00 per person (Included)
Tour without Hotel $ 510.00 per person
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$ 20.00
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$ 20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$ 30.00
*More details will be available if you are interested in talking advantage of this offer.
RENTALS & EXTRAS
- Extra porter carrying up to 7 kg. for $ 70.oo
- Extra porter carrying up to 14 kg. for $ 140.oo
- Hiking poles – US$20.00
- Sleeping bag – US$25.00
- Private Tent – US$40.00
- Inflatable mattress – US$ 20.00
- Wayna picchu Mountain – US$ 60.00
- Vista dome Train back to Ollantaytambo (One Way) – US$ 55.00
- 4 stars hotel in Machupicchu – US$ 65.00 if you have an extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Single Accommodation* – US$ 40.00 if you have an extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Black Diamond Hiking Poles.
- Four season tent for two people
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you don’t want to share a room (double), select Single Accommodation when Booking.
- If you are a lover of nature and landscapes, the Vista dome train is the best choice. Panoramic windows