This is a fantastic half day trip to explore part of the Sacred Valley, the side few people know about, visiting the salt ponds of Salineras, the colonial town of Maras, and the circular terraces of Moray.
Andeans had used new resources to preserve food for long periods of time, one of this is the salt, which was extracted from a water spring, natural salt resource came out from underground. On the other hand, the circular terraces were built to adapt the products to introduce to the highlands.
We will pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 am. We will drive about 1.5 hours toward Moray, the circular terraces that were built on a natural earth depression, taking advantage of its special climate, to test the crops and adapt to the new farmlands in the highlands. After an experience walking down to feel the temperature, we will continue driving to Maras town where we will stop to show the colonial houses with its decorated lintels dated from the XVII century, showing its importance back in the colonial time, subsequently, we will continue driving on a dusty road to Salineras, the salt ponds where we will have the chance to explore directly and see the water resource from where it comes from. The salt in Salineras, as it comes out from underground it carries with it mineral in high density, nowadays it can be used for skin therapy in spas in Cusco, we will end the exploration taking a walk around the salt ponds, afterward, we head back to the bus to drive back to Cusco city.
We will be finishing the tour about 1 pm
This tour includes
- This tour is only done privately and our prices are based on a group of 2-6 people travelling in a private van. If your group is larger than 6, please ask the Viajes LA representative for specific pricing.
- Professional guide: All of our guides studied English. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. They are all a lot of fun to be around, but know when they need to be professional and will always look after you to make sure you are safe and happy - enjoying the tour.
- Transportation: You will be picked up from your hotel and transferred from site to site by a private Viajes LA vehicle.
Does not include
- Entrance fees: You must have the TOURIST TICKET to enter Moray. The tourist ticket is currently 70 soles for a one day ticket or 130 soles for a 10 day ticket. This one ticket will give you access to many other locations in the Sacred Valley as well as some museums and places of interest in Cusco. Salineras - Maras is a separate ticket of 10 soles.
- Meals: There are no meals served during this tour. You should be back in Cusco to enjoy lunch on your own.
- Warm jacket: down in the valley its warm in the day time, windy in the afternoon and cold in the night time
- Warm jacket
- Gloves if its possible
- rain coat or plastic poncho just in case the weather change always recomendable and of curse your entrance fees with your passport
Due to its regulation and In order to protect the Historical sanctuary of Machu Picchu. Each day is allowed to 500 people on the Classic Inca Trail, those including porters, guides, and other support staff.
It is expected trekkers to carry their own personal gear, however, they should make an honest assessment of their physical condition. If a personal porter is desired, it is important to request one at the time of booking, as they are included in the 500 people per day limit.
To secure a permit and entrance ticket to classic Inca trail, Wayna Picchu Mt, and Machu Picchu, consider Peruvian government regulations require full name and current passport information of all trekkers, permits are non-transferable, it can’t be sold to others and can be sold out quickly months in advance. It is, therefore, important to arrange the reservation dates at the earliest opportunity.
Wayna Picchu Mountain is an excellent addition for a trip to Machu Picchu. It offers great views but is a steep climb that can take about two and a half hours back and forth.
The admission tickets to Wayna Picchu Mountain are limited and only at scheduled times. If you are considering doing the climb, make sure to book it in advance. The classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu can be a challenging hike, there are lots of stone steps and steep uphills that could make you feel tired at the end.
If you wish to trek to Machu Picchu, but you don’t have the time, either enough energy to do the whole 4-days trek, you must consider our alternate options or the short version “Inca trail 2d / 1n”. These can be booked any time in the year, with no advance reservation.
Private Service from $ 180.0o
Only price from 2-6 people $ 180.0o per Group
Only price from 7-13 people $ 250.0o per Group
According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time you do tour, or visit Machu Picchu, students 18 and above, need the ISIC card to qualify for the discount. Students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Email us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$15.00
- Under 18 years apply for a discout: US$15.00
- From 7 – 12 years Discount: US$20.00
*More details will be available if you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, such as free tours in Cusco city, free items for camping activities, and personal discounts. contact us at email@example.com
RENTALS & EXTRAS
The following list of prices fixed in the items, are adjusted to the Trekking activities. However, we consider discounting the price for each item, for more than 10 participants in the group.
*This items are for those who are doing the Inca trail tours or Alteernative trail tours, not aplycable for Sacred Valley tour
- Hiking poles – US$ 25.00
- Sleeping bag – US$ 25.00
- Extra Tent – US$40.00
- Waynapicchu ticket – US$25.00
Viajes LA includes 3 stars hotel room in Aguas Calientes town and Expedition train service back to Ollantaytambo, however, you can upgrade your the services for an additional cost shown below.
*You should consider these Upgrades if you are taking tours to Machupicchu.
- Vistadome Train (back to Ollantaytambo) + US$65.00
- Single Accommodation at Machupicchu town + US$40.00
- 4 stars hotel at Machupicchu town + US$ 75.00
- Four season (Eureka k-2 tx) tents, for two people in each.
- Black Diamond Trekking Poles.
- Sleeping bags according to route requirement.
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you don’t want to share the twin bedroom, select Single Accommodation when Booking.
- If you are nature lover and landscapes, vista dome train service is the choice, wider windows, and glass ceilings to see the mountains.